Wednesday 24 December 2008

Merry Christmas

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a safe and happy Christmas.

It has been a difficult year to say the least and 2009 may see more difficult times depending on market conditions. But, at this time of the year it is important to stop and consider the blessings of family and friends and be thankful for the good things in life that these same family and friends bring.

I was recently in Vernon visiting my family and had the pleasure numerous times of having my newest grandson fall asleep in my arms. Even though there were times where chaos seemed to reign (especially surrounding his two older brothers), I was still able to recognize what a privelege and joy it was to hold this little bundle, born prematurely back in June, as he rested peacefully in my arms. (If you saw him now you would never believe he was a preemie.)

Most of you know that my faith focuses on the message of Christianity and without wanting to offend anyone I would like to leave you with the message given to working class shepherds in the fields of Bethlehem 2000 years ago. A message that is still appropriate today with all the wars and struggles that we face in life. "Peace on earth, goodwill to all people" is what I wish and pray for each and every one of you who read this blog.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment